Random header image... Refresh for more!

Did I Shave My Legs For This? Letting Myself Be LOVED.

Here is a Little Life Lesson for Living a Happier Bariatric After Life™

I have always hated my legs; they just aren’t good looking.  Sadly, I was not one of those women whose legs stayed skinny and shapely while the rest of me got bigger. Okay, that’s not entirely true: I had an hourglass figure…but all the sand ran to the bottom.

Anyway, in this episode, I figured out that it’s not okay to decide that, just because *I* don’t like something, *no one* else can like it either. When you set up boundaries, and make rules about how someone can love you, the real loser is YOU.

11 comments

1 mitzi { 08.22.11 at 7:38 pm }

I can identify with this, but I have condition called lymphodema. The good thing is my legs have reduced in size since wls but I still don’t and will never have ankles.

My daughter says they are like chunky baby legs, lol I wish.

2 Antonia { 08.22.11 at 10:45 pm }

I Love this video Cari! I shared it on my face book.

I do that all the time and I am going to knock it off!
Thank you for opening my eyes.
Antonia

3 bariatricafterlife { 08.22.11 at 11:50 pm }

Hi Toni: I'm so happy to hear that this will help you…and your legs – LOL. Thank you for posting on your wall. I am eager to hear what other people say THEY are ignoring from now on!!! Let your man love you up GOOD!!!

4 Antonia { 08.23.11 at 12:40 am }

I Love this video Cari! I shared it on my face book.

5 bariatricafterlife { 08.23.11 at 2:13 am }

Thank you!!!

6 Michelle Martin { 09.07.11 at 5:48 pm }

OMG!!! I LOVE YOU AND YOUR SWEET HUBBY, I alos have a sweet hubby, after WLS #1 ten years ago I lost 200lbs, long story short, regained 88lbs, sleeved on May2,2011 lost 70 of the 88 and still going strong to reach my goal of 165lbs, Ok back on track, MY HUBBY, LOVES MY SKIN, and YES the LOOSE STUFF, he loves the feel, he loves to rub, Hold, I would say gosh all that skin I hate it !!!, He takes me in his arms, puts his hands on my backside gives a squeeze and says I love every inch of you!!!!
There are GREAT MEN OUT THERE.
Michelle Martin

7 bariatricafterlife { 09.07.11 at 7:55 pm }

Awwww…my heart went pitter-pat after I read about your hubby. Okay, it went pitter-pat AFTER it started beating AGAIN, Reading your tale definitely made me miss a few beats! LOL. I am encouraged by both your story of renewal and hope AND your lovely hubby 🙂 Thanks for reading and commenting! PS — Let me know when you are back at 165!!!

8 Sine { 03.07.13 at 8:05 am }

Totally cried watching this.

9 bariatricafterlife { 03.07.13 at 2:21 pm }

I think that's good. But, did you shave your legs?

10 SINE { 03.07.13 at 8:13 pm }

LOL well now….there won’t be anyone rubbing my legs later….but perhaps I should before a lawn mower is required…

11 bariatricafterlife { 03.07.13 at 8:38 pm }

Or you can just braid them and add beads.