Random header image... Refresh for more!

Meet The Perfect Blended Coffee Protein Drink!

I call it a “Chike-a-ccinno” but you’ll call it heavenly!

Me and the gang got together with a blender, some Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze, a little ice, some instant coffee AND, a packet of CHOCOLATE MOCHA CHIKE PROTEIN!

WATCH the video below to see what we created. Can you say: Chike-a-ccinno?

Join me (your Bariatric Barrista) and friends for a super refreshing protein shake idea — We think it’s the perfect way to beat the summer heat!

14 comments

1 mitzi { 07.05.11 at 5:32 am }

Wish I could access these products in the UK!! Sounds delicious.

2 CharlotteCR { 01.28.13 at 10:33 pm }

YOu should contact the Chike company and ask if they ship to the UK. (They answer posts and messages on their Facebook page) and they also are really great on the phone.

3 bariatricafterlife { 01.28.13 at 10:37 pm }

Mmmmm….I dunno….maybe I will. 😉 They are lovely people — you're right!

4 Nicole { 01.03.12 at 9:53 pm }

I love Chike—it's delcious!-but it doesn't have enough protein in it for me. I use another brand to make a protein coffee that has 50g of protein in it.

5 bariatricafterlife { 01.03.12 at 10:06 pm }

Hi Nicole: Which powder one do you use? I find that I am not able to tolerate any more than about 30 grams per serving, as my pouch gets all grumbly and stuff…Perhaps I could cut it in half?

6 Best Blender { 10.02.12 at 11:38 am }

Glad to see these recipe, I also love coffee, actually I start inventing new flavor for my coffee but anyway thanks for these. I could apply some of your recipe on my product.

7 bariatricafterlife { 01.28.13 at 6:53 pm }

Decaf…!!! LOL. I'm such a fun-sucker about caffeine, aren't I? 🙂

8 CharlotteCR { 01.28.13 at 5:48 pm }

I love my Chike! I have found a new use for it. I take 1 scoop of Vanilla chike and 1 T of unsweetened Hershey's cocoa powder and enough water to make a thick paste. I roll the paste into balls and roll the balls in the cocoa powder to coat. Then I have these little decadent chocolate truffles to eat that are super healthy.

I have also wanted to try to add in some peanut butter but I have yet to try that.

9 CharlotteCR { 01.28.13 at 5:49 pm }

Mitzi- I wonder if the Chike company would ship for you to the UK? It would be worth it even if you had to pay extra shipping. It is that good.

10 bariatricafterlife { 01.28.13 at 6:52 pm }

Good question! You should ask 🙂

11 CharlotteCR { 01.28.13 at 5:51 pm }

Every morning I start my day with an iced Chike mocha Latte- 1 Scoop of Vanilla Chike, 2 tsp instant coffee powder, 2 tsp hershey cocoa powder and 12 oz 1% milk. I put it in my shaker or in the blender and mix until blended. I serve over ice.

BTW I am 8 weeks post op and I am down 40 lb. I am down 2 whole sizes and the new ones are getting loose. My energy level is super high and I am feeling really great.

12 bariatricafterlife { 01.28.13 at 6:52 pm }

Sounds yummy! I can't do milk — I developed an allergy to it pretty early on as a post-op. I probably always had it, but it was buried under so much OTHER junk, I had no idea it was contributing to my poor health. Are you able to have caffeine at your “tender” age? Many doctors are pretty firm about us NOT having it in the earlier days (for many reasons: dehydration, calcium leaching, acidity, can create hunger) — but not all do, so if you are following your doc's advice, by all means, stick to it 😉 I just wondered because I KNOW it can cause problems in newbies 🙂 Keep up the GREAT WORK! You sound like a new woman 🙂

13 CharlotteCR { 01.28.13 at 10:31 pm }

I use decaf instant coffee granules at this point. I got permission from my surgeon to use the decaf instant granules. I just knew that for the purpose of this blog, that most people are not in their beginning stages. Good point 😉 Thanks for caring.

14 bariatricafterlife { 01.28.13 at 10:37 pm }

My heart is happy (and not beating too fast, thanks to your using decaf, instead of caf!!!) LOL. I'm proud of you for ASKING YOUR SURGEON! That's huge 🙂